|JKUAT Digital Repository|
|Organisation:||Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT)|
|Address:||P.O. Box 62,000, 00200, Nairobi|
|Location:||Latitude: -1.276100 & Longitude: 36.808100, Google Map|
|Description:||This is a new institutional repository for the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT). IT currently contains a small number of openly accessible documents. The interface is in English and there are RSS feeds for user updates.|
|Type:||Institutional - Operational|
|Size:||1889 items (2017-04-21)|
|Software:||DSpace, Version: 1.8.2|
|Subjects:||Multidisciplinary; Agriculture, Food and Veterinary; Biology and Biochemistry; Chemistry and Chemical Technology; Ecology and Environment; Mathematics and Statistics; Physics and Astronomy; Architecture; Civil Engineering; Computers and IT; Geography and Regional Studies; Business and Economics; Law and Politics; Library and Information Science|
|Contacts:||1. Dr. George M. Gatero (email@example.com), Administrator|
|OpenDOAR ID:||2730, Last reviewed: 2014-05-14 - Missing data is needed for: OAI-PMH |
Link to this record: http://opendoar.org/id/2730/
Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Metadata re-use permitted for not-for-profit purposes
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Grade: Re-use of full data items permitted for not-for-profit purposes
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Single copies of full items can be:
- reproduced in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
Grade: Content policies defined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- The repository is restricted to:
- Journal articles
- Conference and workshop papers
- Theses and dissertations
- Unpublished reports and working papers
- Books, chapters and sections
- Learning Objects
- Other special item types
- Special materials: Newsletters of significant research groups
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- No moderation policy defined. Assume nothing has been vetted.
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
Grade: Preservation policies defined
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- No file preservation policy defined.
- Items may not normally be removed from the repository.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- The item is in a format which cannot be stored or displayed satisfactorily.
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The item's persistent URL will always link to the latest version.
- In the event of the repository being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.