Updates and Additions
- Rolling list of recently added repositories - Web Page or RSS1 Feed.
- OpenDOAR Maps output format added for search results in the Find facility, based on Google Maps. Announcement [PDF]
- Filter option for Repository Type added to the Find facility.
- Link to an 'Update Suggestion' form for existing records added to the 'Full Record' output format for search results.
- Email Service added - allowing OA advocates and organisers to send appropriate messages to selected OpenDOAR-listed repositories.
- Application Programmers' Interface (API) added - allowing developers to incorporate OpenDOAR data in their applications and 'mash-ups'.
- A new output format - Statistical charts - is available for search results in the Find facility.
- Geographical search by continent added to search by country in the Find facility.
- Policies Tool added for repository administrators.
- Simple list of repositories added, arranged by continent, country and organisation.
- New "Full records" display option added, including repositories' policies.
- Additional 'filter' options added for language and software type.
- Software type added to search output
- New "Tables" view of the records, allowing on-screen manipulation and reordering of listings
- Sorting options added
- Introduced number of records per page (1, 10, 20, 50, or All) for search results
- Results show "Language" of repository if the information is
- Title bar tidied to improve cluttered appearance
- Menu items simplified
- Search and Browse combined on single page
- "Summaries" layout for search results rejigged in a clearer tabular format
- Print facility improved throughout site to correct right hand
edge not printing
- Print facility improved on Version 1.1 pages to omit menus and other unnecessary items
- "Titles" layout for results improved to give two line summary instead of three,
with organisation names being presented as hyperlinks to their home pages.
Developments and Features
- Proposal document and prototype added for a Protocol for Statistical Harvesting.
- Search box now able to act as a filter for the Browse results and vice versa
- Information now held within the more comprehensive Version 2 database schema to allow
seamless iterative development